What is the Educational Programs and Operations Levy?
The Educational Programs and Operations (EP&O) Levy is the only locally approved ballot measure that directly pays for classroom and operational needs such as transportation, safety and security, special education, curriculum, extra-curricular activities and staff.
What does the levy support?
- Transport students safely to and from school
- Provide additional educational services for students with special needs
- Pay for qualified substitute teachers
- Pay for educational technology students need to succeed tomorrow
- Pay for keeping schools and grounds SAFE, functional and clean
- Pay for staff training and Professional Development
- Pay for all student programs and activities
- Reduce class size
What if the levy failed?
- Larger Classes in All Schools
- Fewer Teachers and Para-Educators
- Cutbacks on Athletics and Extra-Curricular Activities
- Cutbacks in Fine Arts Programs (e.g. Band and Choir)
- Cutbacks in Field Trips and Educational Enrichment
- Outdated Instructional Materials
When is the election?
Ballots will be mailed in January 2018 and Election Day is February 13, 2018
Is there a senior citizen exemption?
Yes, if senior citizens meet certain eligibility requirement. For additional information contact: Pierce County Assessor-Treasurers Office - Senior Citizen and Disabled Person Property Tax Exemption or 253-798-2169.